Degreed in both graphics (Bachelor of Science in Technology in Commercial Graphics) and fine arts (Bachelor of Fine Art in Art ), Frizell has practiced professionally since graduation. He became Smithsonian certified in 2007 as a judge for the Sedona Arts Festival and has participated as a mentor to many art field aspirants. His partnership’s with production firm TwentyFourCore, Devco Entertainment and Bluewater Productions has fueled a recent onslaught of new and creative material. Frizell has had art shows in a variety of states nationally and is internationally known for his work with producer TwentyFourCore for Avenged Sevenfold, Sevendust and Disturbed and also Devco Entertainment's Wednesday 13.
Few artists can demonstrate the biomechanical combination of fantasy and reality that DA Frizell represents in his wide range of work. Adept in media ranging from clay and multimedia sculpture to digital and graphite illustrations, he has developed his craft to an esteemed level of skill and proficiency. Frizell's illustrative methods stretch the imagination to a nearly abhorrent level without crossing the line to tastelessness, yet he attributes his work to childhood imagery and reflection. Fortunately, the associated memories are from monster movies like Frankenstein, Wolfman and the Creature from the Black Lagoon that he enjoyed with his family. His father, an artist himself, would often bring home books like Conan or novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs that stimulated Frizell's imagination. Aside from the most influential person in his life, his father, Michael Frizell, his biggest Art inspirations are: Frank Frazetta, H.R.Giger, Berni Wrightson, Basil Gogos, Al Williamson, Boris Vallejo, Luis Royo, Hajime Sorayama and Olivia.
Frizell's art emulates the styles that He grew up with. He utilizes an extensive media base to ensure the development of the illustration fits the project at hand. "When I see my planning, research and imagination transform into a well-defined piece of work, the pride and satisfaction I feel from putting my imagination on paper accelerates my convictions to become a more recognizable fixture in the illustrative community."
Frizell has worked on professional photographs, comic and magazine publications, stage props for live entertainment, Music CD and DVD covers and interiors, Music Video Backgrounds, apparel, temporary tattoos, stickers and a wide range of marketing souvenirs.
"Through my art, I am able to create a bond with musicians, authors and private collectors to give a concrete visual representation to the subject of mine or their imaginations."
With Core Entertainment/Warner Bros:
• "Hail to the King" (Special Edition) packaging design and illustrations. Contributed to band memorabilia.
• "Hail to the King" (regular edition) interior Illustrations
• "Nightmare" (Special Edition) packaging illustrations and special edition litho. Contributed to the stage design, numerous
t-shirts and band memorabilia.
• "Nightmare" (regular edition) interior art
• "Diamonds in the Rough/Live in the LBC" interior illustrations
• "A Little Piece Of Heaven" music video scenic illustrations
• "Cold Day Memory, CD packaging artwork and stage design
• "Decade Of Disturbed" movie poster illustration and design
With Core Entertainment/Atlantic Records:
• "Enemies" T-shirt illustration (major distribution)
With Devco Entertainment:
• "Monsters of the Universe: Come out and Plague" CD Cover illustration and Monster Galaxy Poster. Vinyl Cover and
interior art and Vinyl Layout. Contributed to the stage design,and t-shirts
• "Tunes From The Crypt: Haunt Me" Cover illustration and Vinyl sleeve layout
• "Scream Brittan Scream" DVD Cover and Interior Poster Illustration
• "The Dixie Dead" Graveyard CD interior poster
• "Spook and Destroy" CD Cover illustration and Layout.
• "Calling All Corpses" CD and Vinyl artwork and Layout. Contributed to the stage design,and t-shirts. Illustrations for tour
and merchandising promotional materials
• "Something WickedThis Way Comes" Single cover Illustration.
• "Xanaxtasy" Single cover Illustration.
With Cleopatra Records:
• "Rockabilly and Phychobilly Madness" compilation CD cover art
With Bluewater Publications:
• Alice Cooper Comic Biography Cover art
• Bono (U2) Comic Biography Cover art
• Gerry Garcia Comic Biography Cover art
• Bettie Page "Bettie Page And The Red Menace" Comic (Release date to be determined)
Spectrum Fantastic Art
Accepted and published in the prestigious best of fantasy, SciFi, horror book "Spectrum 19 The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art" with the digital painting "Metropolis: Sinful Dance at Yoshiwara"
Proin orci quam, consequat ac volutpat ac, rhoncus eu mi. Nullam non velit turpis, sit amet bibendum ante. Ut cursus porta nisi, vitae aliquam tellus porta eu. Duis mollis mattis turpis, quis tempus nisi posuere ut. In convallis nibh dolor, eget tincidunt nibh. Donec id leo nec sapien venenatis viverra a mollis erat. Ut ante tellus, egestas nec tincidunt pellentesque, pretium sed ante. Aliquam erat volutpat. Sed a metus urna. Aliquam quis eros a nisi fermentum adipiscing. Maecenas magna ante, imperdiet eu dictum hendrerit, porta consectetur urna. Integer purus neque, sollicitudin sit amet placerat sed, bibendum eget erat. Aliquam gravida luctus urna quis accumsan. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.